Before the Training
- Take off any jewelry. Small earrings can also be covered with tape.
- Make sure your gi is clean and complete.
- If you have long hair, tie it up.
- Be on time for the training.
- Bring flip flops for walking next to the mat.
- Make sure your hands and feet are clean, and your nails are trimmed.
- Make sure you have not had alcohol or food with a strong smell recently.
- Perform a standing salute (“ritsu rei”) upon entering and leaving the mat.
During the Training
- Focus on the training.
- Salute when switching training partners.
- Ask the sensei before leaving the mat.
- Do not drink or eat on the mat.
- Train with focus and respect, always trying to prevent injuries.
- Spectators are allowed as long as they do not disturb the training.